Saturday, April 22, 2006

Joey Wears The Pants

I told Joey last night that I was not getting up before 10:00 am under any circumstances. It didn't matter if I was awake before then, but I was NOT getting out of bed.

I got up around 8:00 am to get a drink, but shuffled back to bed since Joey had a friend staying with us anyway. I heard them rumbling around out there, giggling every so often, and making pancakes, but I was not to be enticed to come from my nest.

No way, Jose.

About 9:30, Joey came in.

"Jake's gone, aren't you going to get up?"
"No. See how it's not 10:00 yet?"
"Well....yeah, but you're awake."
"That's true, but I'm not getting up."

He did not go away, he began tickling me. Cruelty.

20 minutes later, I'd had enough of his evilness. He wanted me to get up so we could go on a super long walk. It's a really nice morning, I guess.

And so, against my will, I got out of bed at 9:51 and we were out of the house before 10:00 am. I'm trying not to be too bitter, he was right about it being a nice morning.

In fact, it's now 10:40 am and we've walked to the library where I'm writing this.

So much for my "I'm not getting out of bed until 10:00 am!" I guess we know who wears the pants in our house...and it's definitely not me! :)

No comments: