Friday, March 28, 2008

Joey was almost asleep last night when I asked, "If I wanted to walk to Iowa, how long would it take?  Gas prices are wicked high."

He didn't say anything for awhile, I thought he was asleep.  Then, "Three months."

"Oh, that's a long time.  What if...hypothetically speaking...I wanted to saddle up Henry and ride him to Iowa so I wouldn't have to walk.  How long would that take?"

This was a very hypothetical situation since:
a.)  Henry is a dog
b.)  He only weighs 14 pounds and that's a lot, lot less than me
c.)  Henry walks really slow

"I think....6 months."

"Oh," I said, "So I guess I'll never do that then."

"No..." he said, driftily.

A few minutes later I said, "I can't sleep.  I'm not tired at all."

Joey recommended that I go out in the living room and read a book.  (I think maybe he wanted me to leave him alone and not ask him any more hypothetical situation type questions.)

No comments: