Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Disgusting

I experienced one of the grossest things of my life this morning.

It was random drug test day. That's all well and good, but they used our microwave to microwave the samples!!!

I microwave my lunch in that thing.

Why do they need to get it warm, anyway? Seems they should just be able to drop a few drops of something in the little specimin jar and it would turn colors if there were drugs in the sample.

They should NOT put it in my microwave!

As soon as she left, I got the highest octane antibacterial cleaner I could find. I hosed the inside of that microwave down and then cleaned it out with dish soap and hot water. While zapping urine in my microwave is highly, highly disgusting, I figure it's only slightly less gross to be tasting the vestiges of the bathroom cleaner I used to sanitize my microwave with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Absolutely disgusting! Blech!

And that says a lot coming from me, who works in a medical environment. I mean, the nurses flipped out yesterday when I spilled rice in the microwave.

Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

yick!!!!. I would have protested them putting that in a microwave I used to heat up food. That is gross