Friday, May 19, 2006

My Magic, Drastic Weight Loss

I usually weigh myself in the morning, first thing. We have a nifty scale that has two settings (one for Joey, one for me!) and it records the weight difference from time previous. It's pretty sweet. I like it when it says ↓1.6 which, of course, means I lost 1.6 lbs.

Last night we tested the scale by putting two 10 lb weights on it. The scale read 20.6 lbs, which I figured is close enough for government work.

This morning when I stepped on the scale, glory hallelujah but I weighed an entire 10 lbs less than yesterday!!

I am not sure how this is possible.

I was wearing the same clothes and even had an extra sweatshirt on (since my house is freezing in the morning). If we hadn't just tested the scale last night I'd figure it was busted.

Maybe the gravitational pull of the moon is less today?

I still figure the scale is wrong--I don't feel (or look, for that matter) an ounce skinnier for my 10 lb weight loss. This isn't April Fool's day, is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, way to go on the weight loss, baby! You look great!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Can I borrow those scales.