Monday, June 12, 2006

The Case of the Missing Pillowcase

I think we have a laundry thief.

Two weeks ago when I washed our white sheets, we had two pillowcases. Now we only have one. Yesterday morning when I changed the sheets, I searched high and low to try to find the missing pillowcase.

No luck.

I had waited extra long to change the sheets because I didn't really care if I was the one sleeping on 2 week old sheets, but I didn't want Joey to have to come back home to shady sheets. (Sorry, Mom and Dad, probably not what you wanted to hear...) I had considered changing the sheets before my parents and Ernie came to stay with me, but I didn't because I wanted to them to be clean for Joey and I was too lazy to wash and change them two times in three days.

I was such a bum while Joey was gone.

Anyway, all day Sunday I searched for The Pillowcase. I have no idea where that darn thing could have gone. Either it got stuck in the innards of the dryer, Ernie found it and shredded it (possible, actually), or the laundry boogeyman stole it.

It's a toss-up between the first and the last, I figure.

Anyway, I couldn't handle have two mis-matched pillowcases on our bed. Thankfully the sheets are white, and white is about the easiest color to match with. I picked up a fantastic 400-thread-count pair at TJ Maxx for $10.

You know the missing pillowcase is going to show up right as we get ready for bed, now that I've replaced it.

No comments: