Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm Charming

This post title has a dual meaning. Allow me to explain.

In Utah I bought a little hot pink, sparkly flip-flop cell phone charm. I really like it. I have been wanting one since Easter when I noticed my Aunt's. Hers was not a hot pink, sparkly flip-flop, but hers was still cool.

Every time I walk, I hear "smack, smack, smack". It's my charm banging against my phone. Kind of annoying, but terribly cute.

On to other topics...

Just last week, Joey asked our landlord if we could get a puppy. We have, of course, already named him even though we haven't picked him out. (His name is Henry.) We'd been praying that Dave would say yes.

Just this evening, Dave said yes.

To put it in Dave's words (according to Joey), "I knew I was going to say yes as soon as you asked. Jenna has a way with grandpas."

How did he know that?!

I'm obviously more charming than I previously realized. Either that or he likes the fact that I always bring him sweets when I bake them.

I am going to go home now and whip up a batch of something amazing to say THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME GET HENRY! It will probably be two more weeks, or three, before we get our puppy, but this gives me plenty of time to do research so I can be a very good puppy mom.

I figure that Dave is pretty awesome. I am kind of surprised he agreed, but we're just not allowed to let his wife know that we have a dog.

Hehehehe.

No comments: