Friday, June 16, 2006

Chicks

Yesterday, after my Most Horrible Day At Work Ever, Joey and I ran errands for our trip to Utah. (Fortunately, we leave tomorrow. I seriously need a vacation!)

We wandered into TJ Maxx because I wanted to show him some really crazy orange, blue and white striped Tommy Hilfiger lounge pants. I'd thought about getting for him when I saw them on Saturday, they were on clearance for $7.

We found the lounge pants stashed on the disorganized clearance rack and Joey said, "Uhm, wow. I don't think I'd lose those. Ever." (I think they're SO COOL.) He decided that he liked them too, and double checked the price tag. "Hey, these are only $5!"

I told him to wear them in Utah. They'd make him look like a wild child, which he totally is.

We wandered over to the housewares clearance, and it was there that I noticed it. It was still here!

I grabbed it and held to myself while I tried to find Joey. I finally found him over in the glassware section, trying to find a price tag on a really sweet glass piece for a coffee table. (We've been looking for one like it for awhile, but haven't been able to find one in our price range. This one's not far off, though.)

"What do you have?" Joey asked, as he flipped the glass piece upside down.

"It's the Chicks sign! I've been watching this for months. It's down to $5!"

Joey looked at the board I was holding up. It was about 2 feet long and 6 inches wide, painted a sage green. The paint looks kind of worn (and it's a bit chipped from being on the clearance rack for so long) and it has the word "Chicks" painted in white with wide, 1900 style brush strokes. There is a fluffy looking, yellow chick to the left of the word Chicks, and he's SO CUTE. He's made of wood too and is raised off the board about 3 inches.

"Wouldn't this look so cool above the sink? It's a little bit Country, but I think it's just goofy enough that it wouldn't look too bad."

Joey nodded. "Let's get it for you."

We hauled our two $5 purchases up, bought them, and headed home. Joey hung "Chicks" above my sink, and we both stood back and said, "Good purchase!" "That looks fantastic." "I love the chick" and "The green really looks great with the living room furniture, and the chick is almost the same color as the wall!" and other things like that.

I like my Chicks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like my chick!

Anonymous said...

I love quality chicks.
http://www.xanga.com/tentalents/489081922/ever-changing-entry.html