Thursday, January 18, 2007

One More Thing

I remembered what the other thing that I did yesterday that was Country Bumpkin-like.
 
We have this automatic stapler and I, being knowledgeable about such things, thought I knew how it worked.  I held the paper, slid it in and--
 
BANG!
 
It sounded like a semi-automatic machine gun.  I jumped a mile.  And I shrieked.
 
To make matters worse, I'd pinched my finger when it came down.  (I didn't staple it, fortunately, if I had I'd probably have to be rushed to the ER.  That thing is powerful.)
 
Once I calmed down and noticed that only two or three people had seen/heard my shriek and subsequent finger-pinching in the stapler, I felt really, really stupid.
 
I used that stapler all morning and, while I didn't pinch my finger again, I did jump EVERY SINGLE TIME that it made it's BANG! sound. 

No comments: