Thursday, July 26, 2007

Refried Beans

Joey and I went out to lunch with Alan and Missy (one of our pastors and his wife) to Chuy's.  It's at McKinney and Knox, in case you're wondering, and it was really tasty.

I was ginormously hungry, but Joey and I determined it would be best to split something.  Decision making isn't my strong point, so I just had him pick something.  (It was the #1 combo, actually, but I have no idea what it was.  Still don't.)

Alan and Joey were discussing technological-type things involving videos and a bunch of stuff that Missy and I don't understand, so we ate chips with ranch and talked about things that were interesting.

Then came the food.

It was a huge, steaming plate covered with all sorts of tasty things.  The refried beans were steaming and the enchiladas looked enticing.  (Everything else on the plate looked good too, we just didn't know what it was.)

We commenced eating our food.  I angled myself in such a way that I could get eat the refried beans and Joey wouldn't be tempted to complain about how disgusting they were.

That was an hour ago.

I am now feeling very, very full. 

The Uncomfortability Factor was Very High, so I went to the kitchen to mix myself up one of my Sprite cocktails (non-alcoholic, of course), heavy on the lime this time.  Alas, it only served to make my stomach feel more pressurized and more plumper.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now, but I'll probably make it.  We did have a nice time at lunch, though, discussing Important Church Business.

Thanks, NHBC!  :)

1 comment:

Greg said...

I am not sure that "more plumper" is correct english.

Also - if you love refried beans, you should make the beans on homesicktexan.blogspot.com. They are really good.