Monday, December 10, 2007

The Big Party

Joey and I had a party at the Gaylord Texan this weekend. It was a big shin-dig type affair with "holiday attire" on the invitation and everything. We decided to just go ahead and make a weekend of it since we got significantly discounted room rates at the Gaylord. We had a fantastic view from our room's balcony into the atrium below. Very fun.Just behind that oil rig is the live reindeer that I didn't get a picture of but really, really wanted to pet. But it cost money, which I think is a complete and total ripoff.

Once we had checked ourselves into the room and verified that the TV worked (such a novelty!) we got ready for our party. I had found a dress on extreme clearance at Ann Taylor Loft some months ago, and decided that it was just right for such an occasion. (My mother, on the other hand, will probably disagree. Hehehe.)

(Sister, I am making that terrible inflated-cheeks face just for you, but you can't really tell.)



Don't we look sharp and ready to party with a bunch of people we barely even know?!

Joey even wore his fancy dress watch which he hasn't worn in 6 months. After we felt like we'd been at the party for long enough (seriously, we don't drink and really aren't much for dancing...how much is there to do at a party anyway?) Joey glanced down at his watch.

"Oh, 9:30." He said.

"Well that's long enough for me, let's get out of here." I said.

We walked back up to our room and, to our great chagrin, noticed that the clock read 8:30. Joey's watch had never been changed after Daylight Savings Time (since it hasn't been worn) and we had only been at the party for about 2 hours!

Whoops.

We decided we were OK with it and did not go back downstairs.

The next morning we went around and took pictures of the neato stuff in the hotel's atrium. It's fun because it's huge, lush and green, and set up like an old Texas town with a main street-type plaza and everything.


I really like this fountain but I kept getting sprayed as I sat here.


This cow is my favorite part of the whole thing, as you can tell from the look on my face.


We found these huge Koi fish swimming in the "river" along the "riverwalk". I wanted to catch one but Joey (as usual) wouldn't let me.

2 comments:

Ashley Nicole said...

Sister, wasn't this the same place you went for your Weekend to Remember? I remember that cow...Also, your dress is REAL pretty and your bangs look super awesome. 5+

Unknown said...

Okay - so, I might be changing my mind - I LOVE THAT DRESS! I think it looks better on your than it did when I saw it on the hanger. Are you going to wear it over Christmas? Could I borrow it and try it and maybe change my mind about wearing my aqua/brown dress? You're indecisiveness is rubbing off on me.