Friday, September 15, 2006

Pac-Man

Three days ago Joey came home with a stunning announcement: He could download Pac-Man to my(our) iPod for $5.

I love Pac-Man. A lot. (Once I accidentally spent $.75 on it at a pizza shop because I thought you had to put three quarters in to play when I could have gotten by with only one. But that's OK because I got to play for a really long time.)

Two days ago, Joey sighed, wilted, and said "I downloaded Pac-Man for you and I wanted it to be a surprise."

I kind of looked at him, oddly, and thought,
Well, if you hadn't just said that, it still would be a surprise.

"I can't put it on the iPod when I'm at school, they blocked the store. So I have to go somewhere else to get it and I don't want to make you leave your iPod at home during the day," he said, still entirely wilted.

"Oh. Well I'd have given you the iPod if you wanted it." I said.

One day ago Joey took my iPod and actually installed Pac-Man onto it before he went to class. I forgot completely about my potential Pac-Man game until yesterday evening.

"Do you want to play Pac-Man?" Joey asked

"PAC-MAN?!?!" I screamed and bounced around while looked at my iPod. "I know what I'll do, I'll take Henry out and while I wait for him I'll play Pac-Man."

"Ok..." Joey said.

I haven't quite figured out the finer points of the "joystick" yet, but I'm getting there. I'll probably secretively play it off and on all day. I'll probably take it to the dinner tonight and play it with The Kid. as well as maybe even at the dinner at school tonight. But don't tell anyone.


No comments: