Friday, April 27, 2007

The Return Of The Breathe Right

So I guess I don't have very good aim when throwing things in the trash when I'm half asleep. (Or when I'm fully awake, for that matter...)

I got up right away when my alarm went off, quite pleased that it was Friday. Henry (somehow on our bed again) was all stretched out and ready for his Morning Rubs. He looked really cute so I obliged him.

I was scratching his furry little back when I felt something odd in his fur. It felt like some kind of tape. Joey hadn't woken up yet (it was 6:30 a.m.!) so the lights were off and it was really dark. I unstuck whatever the sticky substance was and held it up to the light by the window.

"AAAAUGH!" I screamed, fairly quietly.

"Maaabuaaaaahhhhhh....." said Joey, tossing around in the covers. Henry just looked up at me like, Mom, what's your problem?

"It's....it's....it's a Breathe Right!" I poked at it. It was all distorted in shape and wadded up--very similar to the one I found in my pants the night before. In fact, it seemed to be the very same one. "I must not have thrown it in the trash like I thought I did."

Joey rolled around and mumbled some stuff. Poor guy.

Henry and I threw away the Breathe Right for sure this time and went out in the living room where he immediately wanted to play fetch, get scratched, go outside, and eat breakfast all at the same time. (He's way too high energy.)

And, thus, I hope this chapter in the Breathe Right saga is closed. Seriously.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We hope the chapter is closed too!

Dad

Stephen said...

haha! Poor Henry! The poor guy has to suffer to poor throwing skills. At it's really gone this time.