Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Clothesline!


Joey strung my clothesline on Saturday. (Thanks, honey!)

Since it's too hot to use the balcony for anything like sitting, it's perfect to use to hang towels and the like. I took up my lawn chairs to give me a little bit more room.

Joey is so ingenious, he also made the lines so I can take them down. I'm sure I'll enjoy that when, in three or four months, it's not a zillion degrees out and I can sit on my balcony and read without sweating a gallon.

I'm really excited about my clothesline. We can save money on our electric bill; I was hearing on NPR that dryers cost around $1/kwh and we probably do 25-30 loads a month. Our dryer takes about an hour, so the clothesline should pay for itself in about two weeks. (It cost $8 to put up.)

Also...I'm saving energy! That's definitely something to smile about.

But it sounds like my washing machine is done; time to go put out a load! (I feel like a real housewife now. One that doesn't live in the middle of a ginormous metropolis, too.)

No comments: