Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Feet Are Bleeding

Last night I got some cute new shoes. The right shoe felt a teeny bit bigger than the left so, after a bit of finagling  and a $5 off coupon I paid $18 for some shoes that had originally been marked down to $30.  I left the store feeling quite proud of myself and altogether economical.

Today I wore them with my favorite black Jackie Kennedy-esque dress and beige cardigan.  I happily walked around all day because a.) I wasn't wearing heels, and b.) I wasn't making that flap, flap, flap noise as these shoes have backs.

My heels and toes have been killing me since about noon.  I figured I was just forming new blisters but turns out my feet are actually bleeding from the aforementioned "cute new shoes".

I still like them, don't get me wrong.  But it's just a lot harder for me to walk around happily when I think about the fact that with every step the insides of my shoes are getting just a little bit more, um, bloody.

I think I need to go get a band-aid...but that requires walking to the kitchen.  And it's far away.


No comments: