Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Super Great Birthday

I like birthdays.

Even though I get older and subsequently acquire more gray hair (my pops reassures me), I still think they're fun. (I always feel really selfish admitting that, though.) In any case, I like getting excited about things and a birthday is a great thing to get excited about, in my estimation at least.

Here are some of the things I have to be thankful for on this particular birthday!
  • All of my wonderful 12 Days of Birthday gifts from Joey, my two new books in particular
  • It's a beautiful day outside!
  • My new digital oven thermometer from Mom and Dad, and I promise I won't set this one on or near any burners
  • The return of my Sense and Sensibility movie from Sister, hooray!
  • My very handy Double Lock Security Bracelet from Gramps and Gram Laird, complete with a lightweight pink cell phone and lovely ring (which I have been actually wearing around.) Henry, unfortunately, discovered the lightweight pink cell phone and chewed a large hole in it while trying to make it ring. He was very upset when I confiscated it from him.
  • A whole slew of Ann Taylor Loft clothes that Joey and I got on megasale with my birthday money from Gramps and Gram
  • The ginormous blueberry Frappuccino and card that my co-workers gave me. The Frappuccino even had whipped cream on it. Yummm...
  • The very same CO Bigelow lip balm that I have been eying in the store...from Sister! She's real smart. Plus she also gave me this fancy waterless hand sanitizer foam in my favorite scent. Yay, Sister!
  • The lunar eclipse tonight
  • MY NEW PINK iPOD!!! I have christened my new iPod the pinkPod. It is a joyous occasion.
Joey is building me a cake right now. We ran out of eggs and had to go to the store in the middle of the process, so that's why it's 9:30 and we're waiting for it to cool.

I'm going to go play with pinkPod now and snitch some frosting when Joey's not looking.

But...all in all...it has been a very fantastic birthday.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Happy birthday Jenna! I am glad you enjoyed your 12 days of birthday! (I wonder what Christmas will be like if you get 12 days of birthday?) Opps! Sorry Joey! You have set the bar quite high but you are an inspiration to all of us husbands!

Sharon said...

Penny also loves birthdays (she and I share one!) She says it's the day we get to celebrate with the world that we were born :-) I affirmed to her that was quite Biblical, as I had just read in Psalm 139 (the morning B4 our mutual birthdays) that we were "fearfully and wonderfully made"! So I think it's OK for you to rejoice that God made you. I certainly do!

Love from
Your Mom