Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hanging Chads?

This morning I put on my warpaint. I thought maybe if I went to work thinking I was some Indian on the warpath that it might help me take some prisoners. (Otherwise known as: GET SOME APPS!!) So far, I've been unsuccessfull.

Contact Number One: Chad. Chad's not home, though. His cute little wife answered the phone and asked me to put them on the Do Not Solicit list. I explained our tricky company policy, gave her the phone number, she politely took it (!) and that was that. This nice woman has obviously been reading my blog. Where else would someone learn how to be so nice to a telemarketer?

Contact Number Two: Chad. This Chad isn't home either. His wife tells me that this Chad called last night to tell us they're not interested. Again, super nice lady. I took him out of my contact list too. If I have to have a third party turndown, this is the best way to do it. Polite. Civil.

I don't know what's up with all the Chads hanging out at places other than home, but at least their wives are nice.

No comments: