Friday, February 03, 2006

A Shoe Bomber?

I don't normally post twice in one day, but this one was too rich not to post. I just called some guy and asked for Edwina.

He went ape on me.

"YOU PEOPLE STOP CALLING! YOU CALL ALL THE TIME AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING! I AM SO MAD, I NEVER WANT YOU TO CALL ME AGAIN," etc.

Please recall the previous lesson about not yelling at telemarketers. (This gent obviously hasn't read my blog.) Anyway, instead of making me annoyed, this time the guy just cracked me up. That may have been my first mistake. I said to him, "Sir, I'm sorry we've been calling you so much. I'll get this removed." Yadda yadda yadda. Well this guy comes back with, "YOU'D BETTER NOT! I'M A SHOE BOMBER!"

A shoe bomber, eh?

I don't really know what a shoe bomber is. (He probably doesn't either. I think he just said the first thing that popped out of his mouth.) Well, I cracked up laughing. Yes, I was laughing at the guy while I was on the phone with him. Probably not the most professional thing to do, but seriously. A shoe bomber?

No comments: