Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Boring

For a fleeting moment, I considered live-blogging our trip to Texas tomorrow. (Come on, everyone who is anyone live-blogs something.) But, wisely, I reconsidered. I realized just how boring that would be.

A sampling:

8:01 a.m.
We're now crossing the border to Missouri. I just asked Joey "Are we there yet?" and he said if I asked one more time he was going to leave me here. In Missouri. Now that's misery.
8:02 a.m.
It took so long to type that last line that I forgot to say that since I've entered Missouri I feel like my IQ has dropped a lot.
8:03 a.m.
I am bored
8:04 a.m.
A car died on the side of the road and we just passed it
8:05 a.m.
We just went around a corner
8:06 a.m.
The sign says "next exit 15 miles". I hope we don't run out of gas.
8:07 a.m.
We passed a tree
8:08 a.m.
There was a bump in the road
8:09 a.m.
I saw a big black bird
8:10 a.m.
I have to go to the bathroom
8:11 a.m.
I still have to go to the bathroom
8:13 a.m.
I really have to go the bathroom
8:13 a.m.
Joey says we're not stopping again because we've only been on the road two hours and I've made him stop to go to the bathroom two times already. I guess I should have bought some Depends
8:14 a.m.
I saw a field of sheep and am now distracted from having to go to the bathroom
8:15 a.m.
My iPod battery is dead
8:16 a.m.
Joey has to go to the bathroom now too

And so on and so forth. (That was actually really boring to try and make up; I can't imagine actually live-blogging it.) Not only would that be about as boring as reading a book on Differential Equations in German (sorry, Andrew), but I think I'd fall asleep while doing it.

No comments: