Friday, October 27, 2006

Jibblies

Several months ago I found a Monarch caterpillar. I named him Stripidy and, for lack of a better spot, stuck him in Joey's water bottle while he spun his chrysalis.

Joey was not terribly keen on this idea, but he went along with it. Particularly when I reminded him how long it had been since he had drunk out of his water bottle. I also claimed that the water bottle would be good as new after we boiled it and washed it out with soap and water a couple of times.

That being said, ever since Stripidy hatched and flew away I have avoided that water bottle like the plague. I didn't even want to put it back in the cupboard for fear it might contaminate my pots and pans.

Since nobody ever drinks out of it anyway it sat in the cupboard, harming nothing for several months. And then I forgot Pink Bottle at Joey's parent's house this weekend.

On Monday, I could see there was no other choice but to wash out Joey's water bottle and take it to work.

All week I have drank out of the caterpillar water bottle, and every time I do so it gives me the creeps. Joey says this is my own fault for claiming that there would be no ill effects on the water bottle from it having the caterpillar in it.

I have washed it several times and it still creeps me out. I can't wait to have Pink Bottle back.

No comments: