Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Corn Maze

On Sunday, Joey made my dream come true and took me to a corn maze. (Seriously, I've been wanting to go to one of these forever.)

It was the perfect afternoon, sunny and warm with enough of a breeze to remind you that it's Fall. The corn maze closed that day, though, so we were just in the nick of time! I was thankful that it hadn't rained. :)

Unlike most mazes Joey has been to that have a definite entrance and exit, this maze had many entrances and exists, but 10 posts you had to find hidden somewhere in the maze. Once you

Joey made me abide by all the rules and not cheat.

Here are some pictures from our expedition.
found a post, you were supposed to punch the correct number on your maze card. There were also rules such as: no alcoholic beverages, no children under 15 without an adult (good thing I had Joey), no cutting new trails through the corn, no throwing corn, etc.Not the most glamorous shot of me, but these were my first steps into the corn maze. HOORAY!


The rules said "Don't remove the corn from the stalk", so Joey made me leave it on. It didn't taste very good.


Joey decided that we shouldn't look at the map, so we didn't. So here he is trying to decide which path to take. (We took the road less traveled by, of course.)


The rules never said "don't get in the corn", they just said "don't make your own trails". I wasn't making my own trail, I just wanted to be in the corn. It was pretty fun, I guess.


This is a particularly nasty picture of me, but here we are finishing the maze. Somewhere between #4 and #10, we got lost and started finding numbers out of order. We had to snitch and look at the map to finish, or we might
still be in the maze.


Joey likes this picture because he thinks it makes me look grouchy. The reality is, the sun was bright and I was squinting. AND I didn't know he was taking a picture of me.

I recommend corn mazes, as hickish as they sound, they are quite fun. It's good I've gotten it out of my system, too, because there is no corn in Dallas. Maybe Longhorns, but no corn.

1 comment:

Self Confessed Walkover said...

I just wanted to pop by and say a really really really big thank you. I really appreciate all your comments :) Its nice to know I'm not insane, alone or generally bizarre :) You're a really sweet person and to be honest I'd love to be your friend too :)