Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Have Problems Parking

I'm wearing my bronze shoes again, just for kicks.
 
This morning, however, I was running only slightly behind schedule(3 minutes).  I like to be where I'm supposed to be by 7:45 a.m., especially with traffic.  It's much easier the earlier you go.
 
Perhaps some of you may remember the difficulties I have with the parking garage down here.
 
I don't know if it's the bronze shoes/heavy metal poisoning or if it's just me, but I whipped into a skinny little parking spot (making me thankful for my shiny little Corolla) and turned the car off.
 
I evaluated whether or not I could get out, there was a large post right in front of the driver's door.  There was also about a foot of space.  I figured I could probably open the door enough to squeeze though.
 
Successfully, I extricated myself from the vehicle.
 
Unsuccessfully, I tried to shut the car door.  (Joey, stop reading this right now.)
 
Aparrently I'd wedged it against the concrete support a little harder than I thought. 
 
I stood there, tried to shut the door again and decided I had three options:
1.)  Get back in the car, inch it forward and hope the door unstuck itself from the support
2.)  Leave the door open all day
3.)  Keep trying to pull it off the support
 
In the interest of time, I opted for Option 3.
 
After several good tugs, I felt the door start to give way.  I quickly closed it, without checking for damage, and went inside.
 
I think these shoes are bad luck.
 
 
 

No comments: