Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dear Family,

Had I not set my previous cell phone on fire, this would not be such a big deal. However, I did. And I am now reaping the consequences as I have no spare phone to fall back on.

Joey, you are vindicated.

By now you are all sick of me asking if you've found my lost cell phone. But bear with me one last time.

Joey was playing CSI last night and decided to click through the digital pictures Sister took on Monday evening in hopes that we'd gain some evidence. We have photographic proof that my cell phone was sitting on the kitchen counter both before and after dinner on a bulletin from church and some maps from the arboretum. We have satisfactorily determined that it did not get thrown away as we went through the trash and found those papers and maps in it. We almost had to go through the Dumpster, but it got emptied yesterday morning and our old trash is gone.

The phone didn't get turned in as lost on the trolley, nor has it been used since I Joey called me from the grocery store to ask about how much soda to buy. The battery is dead, but even still; had someone stolen it they'd have found a way to charge it and use it by now...

So anyway. Joey and I have ransacked our brains.

Our Very Last Hope for the return of my phone lies in mom and dad's van. It seems to us that it might be under a seat, squished in beside a seat, in a cupholder or some cubbyhole. Have you checked it really well, parents?

The Kid claims he doesn't have it.

Andrew and Laura didn't find it in their luggage.

Hose and Pumpkin got nothin'.

Joey and I have ripped our house and vehicles apart two times.

Alas, it seems to be GONE! I'm not sure how it disappeared; perhaps Henry carried it off to wherever he hid his previous collar? I suppose anything's possible.

If all else fails we're going to strong-arm a phone out of one of Joey's uncles until mine turns up. (Which it WILL...) However, if somebody finds mine in the next day or so I wouldn't complain.

Check your pockets real well before you do your laundry. That poor thing can't handle another ride in the washing machine.

Thanks for all your help and bearing with me as I try to find this stupid thing.

Love,
Jenna

1 comment:

Greg said...

I'll keep an eye out.