Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wanted: Babysitter

This afternoon has been unusual.

I made a phone call to the east coast to discuss an issue, was unable to make my point clear (in spite of the fax with the pertinent items highlighted and clearly drawn up memo) and got hung up on.  I called back and had to speak with an angry manager who discovered that I was actually correct (much to the chagrin of the lady who hung up on me earlier) and fixed the mistake.

I related this incident to a few friends who don't know me all that well.  A few moments later I said, "You know, if our camera hadn't gotten stolen this weekend I'd take some pictures of Henry for you since he's all tiny from his haircut."

Silence.

"Your camera got stolen?"  Friend 2 said.

"Yep."  I said.

"And you broke your toe."  Friend 1 said.

"You broke your toe?  Let me see!"  Friend 2 said.

I showed my decroded toe to Friend 2 who determined that it was, in fact, disgusting.

"I'd call my doctor if my toe looked like that,"  Friend 1 said.

Somehow in the midst of this conversation it was mentioned that I'd also lost my cell phone.

"Wow,"  Friend 2 said, "You really need help."

"A babysitter or something."  Friend 1 said.  "Somebody to follow you around and pick up the pieces."

So it seems that I'm hiring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Joey's job.
Mom W.