Thursday, April 24, 2008

I was irrationally tired last night. It was the kind of tired where what I mean to say and what I actually say gets short circuited and winds up being either:
a.) confusing
b.) wicked strange

To only add fodder to my already delusional state, Joey and I were discussing the new Heaven and new Earth that we'd been talking about in Sunday School. Never discuss Eschatology when extremely tired. It's just not a good idea. Here's a snippet of our conversation last night, sometime after 10:30 p.m.

"I think what I want to do most of all is to go back to that Panda Breeding Center in China that we saw when we were there. I want to see the Pandas again and hold a baby one....it would be like the best day of my life," I sighed.

"Better than the day we got married?" Joey had me trapped.

"Oh. Um. Not quite that good," I hedged.

After a short pause, I thought of something that was potentially even better.

"So, when we are living in the new Earth do you think we'll have jobs? Like, can I be a caretaker of baby Pandas?" I asked Joey.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe...you'd probably like that a lot." Joey replied.

"I think that in the new Earth someday, we won't be worshiping God 24/7," I said, almost asleep at this point.

"Oh?" Joey asked. I had piqued his interest with this one.

"No...sometimes people have to be taking care of the Pandas..." I mumbled.

I didn't think anything of this remark, mostly because I was almost asleep, until I heard Joey muttering, "I need my own blog or something so I can post these kinds of things...but nobody would believe me anyway."

"What?" I woke up a little bit.

"Sometimes people have to be taking care of the Pandas?!" Joey asked, incredulously, "You are way tired, that's like the craziest thing I ever heard!"

He's right, you know.

Never mind that in the new Earth Pandas will very likely not be endangered anymore and therefore won't need to be taken care of by humans, but it's hard to explain that to an irrationally tired person who was just discussing Eschatology.

No comments: