Thursday, April 17, 2008

Golf.

Joey and I pretty much think golf is poke-my-eye-out boring, but we are willing to make one exception. Every year we are given free tickets to the Byron Nelson, a PGA Tournament in Las Colinas, and we make a day of it.

Last year we followed Phil Mikkelsen around and watched him lob a golf ball all the way from the green over to a house where some people, who were quite intoxicated, were yelling "Philllllll, hey PHILLLLL, throw your golf ball over here!" I thought he was lucky he didn't break a window.

We tried to dress all nice and cute because, naturally, that's what one does when one goes to a PGA thing, right?

WRONG. Those golfer guys walk fast.

This year we are doing several things differently. We are wearing sunblock (we got a little pinkish last year), we are taking hats and sunglasses (it's easier to watch the ball if you're not squinting into the glaring sunlight), and we are wearing extremely comfortable shoes. We're bringing my camera. We're also checking tee-times before we get there so we'll know who we want to follow around.

Tiger, unfortunately, won't be there so we'll have to pick somebody else...hopefully we can recognize a name or two. But since we know nothing about golf, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The only thing that's a bummer is that I somehow got entered in a drawing and won VIP passes, but they can only be used on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. We definitely don't like golf enough to miss work just to do whatever people with VIP passes for a PGA thingy get to do.

Poor Joey, I told him I had won VIP passes for days we weren't available and he's said, "Woah, cool! What could we have done with them?"

Honestly, I didn't even look at the perks involved since I knew we wouldn't be able to use them. So I guess I'll never know how much ritz we could have had. It's probably better this way. We never win anything, and here I win something I didn't even know I had been entered for and we can't even use it. Isn't that just my luck.

I was just handed my free tickets (good for any day of the tournament, fortunately!) which is why I am posting about something that won't happen for a week. I'm done now.

1 comment:

Horn herd mom said...

When I worked at Verizon I could watch the Byron Nelson out the window of our office. Ahhh, the seminary memories