Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Monday Night Randoms

Monday, unfortunately, is ironing night.  I hate ironing, it makes me want to poke my eye out.  Joey knows this, too, because I always make sure he knows how much I hate it before I dive on it...some weeks I even ask him to set up the ironing board so that I'm roped into doing it.  You know, once the ironing board is up you can't very well just take it down without ironing because that would be lame.

I decided Monday night would be ironing night a couple weeks ago.  I wasn't doing it on Saturday, my previous ironing day, and that was causing major pile-up problems and Joey could find himself without his favorite shirt, which we cannot have.

So I ironed.  I also called my Pops to tell him that it was 84 degrees in my house and I was going to die from heat exhaustion.  (Never let it be said that I was not an overly dramatic person. I think, actually, that Sister may be worse.  I'm not sure how this is possible since Mom is the least dramatic person I know, but it is.)  In relating to Pops my activities of the day, something I did - or hadn't done - caught his horror and he said "OH!  Jenna!  Don't you know better?"

Of course I probably did at one point but, as Joey said, Pops may have tried to teach me something (like how to change the oil, for example) and I either forgot really fast or categorically refused to remember it.  It's really not Pops' fault.  Or Mom's, for that matter.

Anyway, after about 10 minutes Pops decided that he'd probably better talk to Joey in order to offer him some comic relief (from me, presumably) and the two of them discussed what's wrong with me for awhile (I'm getting sick of catered lunches at work and wish I could take my own - Pops feels no sorrow for me and neither does Joey) before moving on to more enlightening topics like Dad's cows and the condition of their grass.

After finishing the ironing and talking to Pops on the phone (he left to go check on the cows' grass with Mom, who is scared of cows) I moved on to editing Joey's paper for his New Testament Introduction class taught by Hoehner.  It was one of those 10-pagers and he was arguing the authenticity of 2nd Peter and making a case for Petrine authorship vs. pseudepigraphal or pseudonymous authorship.  It was actually quite interesting, but I used up almost an entire pen's worth of ink on the first three pages. Good thing I went to Bible college I guess.

So that was my Monday night. 

No comments: