Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We telemarketers have had a pretty sugary holiday so far. When we got in to the "office" there were green balloons hanging from the ceiling, and we had a little pot o' candy at our desks. There was also a green balloon which I promptly blew up, drew a couple of creepy faces on, and hung from the ceiling above my desk.

We also have lots of yummy treats. I made Blarney Stone Kissed Cookies last night in preperation for the holiday, and Jamie made green Rice Krispy treats. (I didn't know what a Blarney Stone was until yesterday, aparrently you're supposed to kiss it for good luck.)

But the BEST thing, is that at noon there was a PARADE! We thought we were going to miss the whole thing since we didn't get off for lunch until 1:00, but it was still going. Whew. I've never seen a St. Patrick's Day parade before, so it was pretty exciting. We heard the parade for an entire hour, all the sirens and music.

By the time we finished up our lunches and got down there, the parade was starting to wind down. We were just in time, however, for the "Irish" belly dancers.

Holy stink. They were....extremely plump. Well, maybe they weren't as plump as they looked, but their belly-baring shirts really made them look a whole stinkin' lot jigglier than they really were. One lady even painted her stomach green. It looked like flubber, from the Absentminded Professor. You know, green and jiggly? Really disturbing.

I waved at the Irish Republicans, simply because they were Republicans, and the gentleman in the car threw a whole ton of Tootsie Rolls at me.

We really had a hard time getting candy because nobody threw it at the "adults". I had to nearly sacrifice my entire life getting this piece of Dubble Bubble from beneath the wheels of a big trailer pulled by an big truck. Jamie thought it was a shame that the gum might get squished, so I snatched it real quick like.

Good thing the driver didn't decide to drive off, he'd have taken my arm with him. (Well, maybe not quite that bad.)

The absolute highlight was the truck that threw...SALT WATER TAFFY!!!! And they threw it right at me! It's like they know it's my favorite or something. There was even a piece of cinnamon.

Yummy to my tummy.

On the way back in, Jamie tried to piggyback on Tiffany's part of the spinny door. Tiffany smashed her a good one. Spinny doors make me nervous. Jamie survived to telemarket another day, though.

And that's how telemarketers celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: