Saturday, March 18, 2006

Well, we're now a two-bird family.

That's right, I just returned Wickham to Petsmart. Poor little birdy wasn't getting along with Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley/Whitebird AT ALL. He'd just sit in one place all day long (with the occasional food and water break) and stare at the cage wall.

Evil Mr. Darcy and Whitebird would chee at him and peck at him quite often. I assume this was mostly to let Wickham know that he was not welcome.

I suppose our birds are not much different from the actual charachters of Pride and Prejudice, but I sincerely doubt that Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley would have cheed and pecked at Wickham, however much they disliked him. They'd have done something more refined.

At any rate, as soon as I took Wickham out of the cage and stashed him in the travel cage, Mr. Darcy and Whitebird began singing my praises. Seriously. They were. Wickham sat and trembled in his new environment (but there really isn't anything new about that) and the other two skittered around their cage again in a way I haven't seen them since last Friday when we purchased Wickham.

Oh well, so much for having 3 birds.

I left the cage door open and when I came home from returning Wicky, the other two Evils were sitting atop their cage looking quite pleased with themselves.

Evil birdies.

No comments: