Wednesday, February 14, 2007

George Foreman Dies

Unfortunately it happened right when I was making dinner, too.  I plugged in the George and it was heating up nicely.  On a whim, I decided to put Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese in the burgers I was making. 
 
I have a problem with proportion, thickness, and adhesiveness when I make burgers.  They're usually too small, too plump and they fall apart because I didn't "spank" them enough.  (To quote my Mom.)
 
Well, last night I proportioned them, I squished them together so they were so smooth, and I spanked them down to the right thickness. 
 
They were perfect.
 
George was ready, so I threw on my three burgers.  They sizzled nicely and began to smell very aromatic and tasty.
 
A few moments later I realized that the "ready" light was off and the burters were no longer sizzling. 
 
I laid my hand on top of the George (not a wise thing to do).  Nothign really happened.  It was warm, but not HOT.  I didn't yelp or feel uncomfortable.
 
I unplugged the George, then replugged him in.
 
Nothin'.
 
Last time I used the George this happened, but I just plugged him back in and he worked like a dream.
 
After 10 minutes of hoping that the George was still warm enough to book my burgers, I gave up and pan-fryed them.  Not ideal, but it worked, especially since we were supposed to be at some friends' house at 7:00 to play Catan.
 
Now we have to buy a new George and I'm real pouty about that.  But at least we can get one with removable plates...
 
Poor George!

No comments: