Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hmm

I am just getting ready to crack open a Sprite Zero (because while I may get fat from the cookie I just ate, I don't want to get fat from my soda) and I notice that there are little pieces of dirt and what looks to be an eyelash on the top of the can.
 
I am not sure I am comfortable consuming this beverage.

There are straws in the kitchen but last time I drank a soda out of a straw it got really bubbly and then I burped a lot. 
 
Which is obviously not a good thing. Especially during the day.
 
As yet I have not decided that drinking the soda is not in my best interest.  Even though I realize the the artificial sweetener may (and probably will) cause cancer.
 
I drink soda so rarely (and diet soda even more so), that I figure I'm more likely to get cancer from the burnt popcorn I like to eat.  (Also rarely.)  Anyway, I'll probably get cancer from my shampoo, makeup and toothpaste before I get it from one diet soda every couple of weeks, ain't so? 
 
This does not help me with my current predicament, though.  To drink or not to drink: that is the question.
 
I'll probably flip The Alex Nickel.  (Which, as we all know, is authoritative in all questions that I cannot decide on my own or cannot just ask Alex.  And usually I wind up contradicting its edicts.)  Hold on, let me dig it out of my bag...
 
Heads, I drink the soda.  Tails, I don't.
 
(I just got tails but I'm going to drink it anyway.)
 
Heads, I use a straw.  Tails, I drink it out of the gross can and probably die from germs.
 
I just got heads, but I don't want to walk back to the kitchen. On second thought, I just looked at the can again.  It's REALLY dirty. 
 
I'll be leaving for the kitchen now.  I don't particularly want to swallow someone else's eyelash.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you wash the top of the can?