Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mousy?

I was inadvertently informed today (read: I was eavesdropping) that natural brown hair looks mousy.

I have natural brown hair. I suppose this means that I, too, look mousy? (I could have told you that--most of my clothes are "wrong", half of my shoes are "wrong"...I'm pretty much a country bumpkin down here!)

Dallas has more plastic surgeons per capita than Hollywood, so I suppose it is natural for people to think that it's normal to spend $200 every 6 weeks on a cut and dye job. I do not think that is normal. I think that is more than my food budget for the month.

I am having to come to grips with a new social order, one in which I will never truly fit in. Yesterday I decided that was going to be just fine with me, too.

I may shop at Ann Taylor (Loft, though), but it'll have to be on super sale or I'm not shelling out the money. I may buy some trendy boots, but they'll have to be department store closeouts, and I'll probably not spend more then $30. I will not, however, start dying my hair just so that it will be some color other than brown.

So me and my mousy brown hair are going to go have a great rest of the day! I'm gonna go get some cheese from the kitchen... :)

No comments: