Friday, February 16, 2007

How Does Your Stamp Pad Grow?

I decided to water the stamp pad. When I say "water", I mean "add tons of liquid ink". I found a big bottle of it and, basically, I just wanted to use it.


First I dismantled my red date stamp. I got red ink all over myself and wound up looking more like I'd murdered the stamp than anything else. Not good. Then, when I took the lid off the ink bottle, I noticed that the ink was black. Not red.


So I'd made myself look all gory for nothing. Rats.


I dug around for a black stamp and was quite pleased when I found one. I popped out the ink pad and laid it on the counter for inspection. Like a gleeful child, I squeezed a blob of ink on the pad.


Its inky blackness was beautiful. It spread over the stamp pad and.....over the edge onto the counter. There is now a black ink smear by my right elbow. I'm trying to avoid it because I don't want to get it on me. I'd clean it up, but then I might get it on me. (So you see, I'm in a pickle.)


For fun, I squeezed more ink onto the pad, this time watching the edges. I have repeated this proces four times, currently. I think I'm going to see how much ink I can get this inkpad to hold.


Hehehehe.


OH SWEET, I JUST FOUND ONE THAT IS EVEN MORE DRIED OUT!!!


I'm probably going to make a huge mess.

No comments: