Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Am Preppy

When I was going to ISU, I was severely preppy. It got so bad that at one point I owned one pair of jeans and never wore them. (A college student?!) If I was wearing courderoy khakis, I considered that "casualwear".

Oh, I amend that, I did have a pair of dark-denim trouser jeans, but they didn't look like jeans at all.

When I transferred to FBBC, I sort of became strange, introverted, and altogether abnormal. I put my preppy ways behind me and began opting for a somber wardrobe of black, brown, and gray.

Now that I'm married, I occasionally suffer from Dumpy Wife Syndrome (which I try to avoid at all costs and rectifiy as soon as I notice I'm dumpy). I am no longer categorically "preppy", nor am I the somber dweep that I once was. I am, it would be appropriate to say, a spaz.

I even wear a considerable amount of hot pink.

Anyway, this morning I looked in the mirror and realized that I was extraordinarily preppy again. (I look like those little boys in Sunday School or the nursery whose moms put so many "big-boy" clothes on that they can't move properly.)

I've got on khakis, a white button-down, and a brown and pink vest and jacket over that. Oh, and brown shoes. I kind of creep myself out.

No comments: